WK-Kiwi Washable Face Mask: Dark with Filter
Wasteless Kiwi’s Face Mask is the sensible way to be eco-friendly in a pandemic while protecting your well-being!
In line with our zero-waste values and our promotion of re-use over single-use, we set out to provide Kiwi’s and visitors to our shores with an eco-friendly reusable face mask. Our Wasteless-Kiwi Face Masks are remade in our workroom from a variety of rescued textile items, that would otherwise be destined for landfill. Each repurposed mask is individually handcrafted, using 3 specific layers of textile, in a precise combination providing a good degree of filtration against aerosol particles such as dust, air borne bacteria, virus and pollen (see here for further reading). As a bonus the inner layer provides a filter pocket opening which allows the wearer to insert an extra barrier: the specialised HELIX.iso™ filter system that cuts out over 99% of small particles and droplets that carry viruses and bacteria.
Each Wasteless-Kiwi Face Mask is supplied with one complimentary replaceable HELIX.iso™ wool-based filter.
Owing to the finite availability, of each rescued cloth, the actual colour and appearance of each mask may vary (slightly) from the item pictured.
NZ Made Washable Face Mask constructed from 3 fabric layers.
- Due to current demand this product may require a lead time of up to 2 working days.
- This mask has not undergone formal clinical testing, and therefore no clinical claims are made about the mask itself. However, it is a washable and reusable face protector.
- The triple fabric layers will protect against unwanted particles and moisture and is sold with a disposable, easy-insert HELIX.iso™ wool-based filter for extra filtration.
- Wasteless-Kiwi Face Mask can be worn with or without a filter
- It is designed to fit close to the face for better protection.
- Comfortable elastic ear loops.
- Due to the face mask being a personal care item we cannot accept returns for hygiene reasons. Please choose carefully.
- You can also purchase additional filters
This mask is not a substitute for basic hygiene measures or staying home if unwell and maintaining physical distancing where possible and practical. Please remember to practise good hygiene by washing your hands regularly, using hand sanitiser and covering your sneeze or cough with your arm, not your hands and avoid touching your face. See here for more information on how to wear a reusable Face Mask.
Every item reused means less landfill!